4. Business Purpose/Objectives of DATEV and Data Processing
4.1 Derived from the DATEV statutes its business purpose is the economic support of its members (§2 para. 1 no. 1 of the statutes).
4.2 Issue of the business is to support its members concerning their professional activities, especially with data processing and telecommunication services, with developing and providing EDP systems as well as providing further services and ancillary services (§2 para. 1 no. 2 of the statutes).
4.3 Target of DATEV's services according to §3 DATEV statutes are tax consultants, tax agents, lawyers, auditors, attested public accountants, their clients and other authorized addressees in accordance with the statutes' content.
4.4 Main purpose is the collecting, processing and using of order data. Among others, personal data is collected, processed and used within the scope of customer, supplier and staff adminstration as well as other purposes (e. g. business partner and interested parties' management), too.
5. Definition of Target Groups Concerned and Relevant Data or Data Categories
Relevant target groups result from the definition of the business purpose (no. 4). It concerns the following data categories, and basically differs between order data and internal data needed for DATEV's own purposes:
5.1 Order Data
The complete order data processing is excepted from disclosure requirements because the customer is solely responsible for this data. There is an overview of DATEV's current support offer in the German language as well as further information on data protection.
5.2 Data Used for DATEV's Own Purposes (Internal Data)
- Customers'/debtors' data: e. g. contact, address, contract, payment and control data of members and other debtors, e. g. clients.
- Suppliers'/creditors' data: e. g. contract master, accounting and control data of suppliers and service providers (EDP service, licences, consulting services, educational institutes, maintenance, workmen, cleaning)
- Personal data: e. g. planning, contract master and accounting data of applicants/employees/pensioners/other beneficiaries
- Other personal data: data of other business partners (e. g. system partners, chambers, associations, banks and authorities), data for interested parties' management, visitors' adminstration, video surveyance etc.