February 14, 1966
- 65 tax consultants from Nuremberg's regional chamber establish a cooperative self-help organization.
- Chairman is founder Heinz Sebiger.
Official opening of DATEV's own computer center
- DATEV computer center established.
Introducing remote data transmission
- With remote data transmission the cooperative allows its members to transmit the data recorded at their terminals on magnetic tape to the DATEV computer center in Nuremberg via telephone lines.
Setup and development of the electronic data transfer network
- DATEV sets up its own network for electronic data transmission between the tax consultants' offices and the computer center.
Cooperation agreement with the Japanese partner firm TKC
- In a cooperation agreement the Japanese firm TKC (Tochigiken-Keisan-Center) and DATEV document the alliance of the two companies which began in 1972.
Establishing DATEV in the new federal states
- Opening its first Information Center in the new federal states.
Transition in the office of chairman of the board
- The founder and chairman of the executive board, Dr. Heinz Sebiger, retires at the age of 73 years.
- His successor as of July, 1996 is Prof. Dieter Kempf.
Conversion to Windows product line
- Gradual conversion from the DOS system to the 32 bit operating system Windows from 1997 to 1999.
First opening of the European market
- Founding the cooperative KDP-DATEV, družstvo by the Czech chamber of tax consultants and DATEV.
- Joining together with other partners in Brno in December to form the marketing company DATEV.cz s.r.o.
Market expansion to Austria and Italy
- Foundation of the marketing company in Austria (DATEV.at GmbH).
- Founding the market opening company D&K s.r.l. in Italy.
- Internal conversion.
Calculations of payments as well as outstanding debts and the quotation of amounts are made in the euro currency only.
Further development of the European market
- Founding DATEV Symfonia Sp. z o.o. in Poland.
Extending its involvement in Italy
- In July DATEV extends its involvement in Italy by founding the development company DATEV.it S.p.A.
Joint venture with the spanish company SINFOPAC S.L.
- With this joint venture DATEV extends its European activities in 2007 to the Spanish market.
Expansion of our committment in Poland - Foundation of DATEV.pl
- DATEV becomes sole proprietor of the Polish associated company, which is re-titled as DATEV.pl
December 31, 2013
December 31, 1967
DM 1.2 million
December 31, 1976
DM 82 million
December 31, 1986
DM 400 million
December 31, 1996
DM 989 million
December 31, 2006
€ 585 million
December 31, 2013
€ 803 million